Sunday, October 24, 2010

Haiku Simple

I love haiku. Brevity and the selection of perfect words create beautifully crafted gems. Haiku invites meditation through repetition- a slow reading, a pause and then several other readings at a leisurely pace.

Reading haiku calms me down and gives me an opportunity to consider how someone else views the natural world. If you're feeling frantic read haiku.

One of my favourite blogs is Kelly Marszycki's Haiku Simple. It's interesting how apt the haiku she writes seems to be just the perfect one for where my mind is at that point in time. Perhaps I'm just interpreting based on my background and mood. Whatever is happening, Haiku Simple is a pleasure and provides a moment of pause in a hectic life. The evocative images Kelly includes with some of the haiku adds to the overall appeal of the her blog. Check it out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for this link - I just read it and, like you, truly appreciate the simple elegance of these meditative expressions.

Leovi said...

It has a very interesting blog, I like.

ArtPropelled said...

I enjoyed visiting Haiku Simple. Thanks Margaret.

Gina Cuff said...

Such a beautiful website, Margaret! Her words are very soothing. Thank you!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I think of Haiku as little pictures made with words.