Sunday, March 15, 2009

New work

It's over a week since I've been in the studio, but my mind is constantly on art. I now honour these lapses in physical production as part of my process. I've been asked to create a painting as a surprise birthday gift for a friend of mine. We've already settled that it will be mixed media, but the subject matter is totally up to me. Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes not. In this case it is good. I plan to create a diptych with two very different images having the same theme. The content relates to the interests and sensibilities of my friend. It is so much easier to create something when you know the person who will recieve the work. Here's a look at the source material I'm considering . It will be a challenge to pull this off. I'm feeling positive.


4 comments:

Miki Willa said...

I can't wait to see this. Will you post it after the gift has been given?
Thank you for the long and thoughtful comment on my blog. I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and respond.

M said...

I will post the work when it is done. I have a portion finished already. I'm hoping that I will have the bulk of work done by this weekend and then some tweaking. It's good to be back in the studio. I go long blocks of time where I don't create and then I'm a dynamo. Love the purples in your new work. I love purple!

p said...

congrats on the commission and the fact that you know the person so it might feel more enjoyable to do.
love the pebbles...love it!

Lynda Lehmann said...

Margaret, we're on the same wavelength with this! Great beach finds!

Have to rush out. Will be back to read more.