Saturday, July 18, 2009

Getting ready

I am getting ready in a number of ways this weekend. We are organizing to move to our summer house in Duntara until the end of September. That means trying to get to all the things my garden demands in my main house so it doesn't go completely wild. I have to stock up on the staples (e.g., good olives) that a small supermarket might not have. It also means organizing to move everything I need to paint for that time which takes a lot of planning. I have to know, in a general way at least, what I will be producing. Any colour photocopying has to be completed ahead of time, any new paints and papers have to be bought. All my favourite brushes, mediums and other utensils need gathering. While I may sound like I'm complaining, these are rites of passage every summer that lead to great painting times and usually a lot of work completed. The one downside is no computer access unless I go to a community access site 5 km. away. I will be using a bank of computers at the local school so my posts will be mostly pictureless for awhile.

This is the back of our summer house taken before the shrubs in my two beds were in bloom. in spring the only thing moving is icebergs. My studio window is on the left. There is another window on the other side and this is my view from it.

3 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

What a great artist retreat! Sounds wonderful.

beauty comma said...

It looks fantastic! The summer house and the surroundings in the first photo reminds me of Norwegian mountain holiday cabins. The view is spectacular and wonderful! Hope you'll have a lovely time in Duntara!

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Wow, what an inspirational setting to paint in! Sounds like a relaxing, yet productive time. I look forward to seeing the finished work.