Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Surprises


I was not paying attention to the sun and just snapped this bed of flowers near the Viking Museum in Oslo and moved on with the tour group. When I reviewed my photos that evening I was pleasantly surprised by my poor photography. I think it is a very fitting self portrait for an artist who loves flowers -right down to the boggly eyes. My best art is never the result of careful planning!

Can you see how this photograph is connected to the one in the previous post? I like how I am present without actually being in the picture but the shadow shape also speaks of something removed. I am intrigued by the idea of presence and absence in art. Lots of thinking for me here that will hopefully lead to painting. Is there such a thing as too much inspiration?

3 comments:

p said...

this just makes me smile...its great!

Poetic Artist said...

I love shadow shots and with your love of flowers. It makes it even more wonderful.
katelen

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I'm glad you mentioned the googly eyes...I had missed them. Photos from trips are full of inspiration...enjoy!