Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sea and sky


 

More  new work from my summer encaustic monotype marathon....

Northern Lights, 2012, 3 (3.5 x 7.5 in. ) encaustic monotype on mulberry paper

Every now and then  in the late fall I get to see the Northern lights at my summer house.  It is the only place I see them so they are part of the fabric of my experiences there. I often connect them with the ocean, only because the ocean is part of my experience there too.  I'm quite pleased with these bursting pulsations.

4 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

It's good to catch up. Lucky you--the Northern Lights and the sea. Loved your landscapes from two blogs back, and your selection of paintings in your previous entry was really interesting.

Keep blogging--I want to see more of your work.

Unknown said...

Hi Margaret! I've been away so long that I didn't know about your new body of work. This is great! Every now and then we can see the Northern Lights here at our Maine coast home, but probably not as spectacular as yours.

M said...

Hallie and Katharine, Getting responses from online friends is just as spectacular as the Northern lights! I have tons of work to photograph and three different series of work on the go so there will be lots of posts.

Carole Reid said...

Yay, I just read your reply to Hallie and Katharine. Looking forward to seeing everything, Margaret!