Friday, February 1, 2013

Sea and sky series



Living by the sea awakens your senses to all kinds of sounds, scents and sights.  The night sky is usually spectacular with thousands of stars hanging from the sky. I sometimes imagine them on springs just pulsating up and down as if they want to dislodge themselves and take the long trip to meet me in my little house by the sea.

These two works are  interpretative and just plain  fun. They will probably not make the cut for my exhibition but they are lively each in its own way.


Tumbling Stars #1, 2012, 3 ( 3.5 x 7.5 in. ) encaustic monotype on paper


Tumbling Stars #2, 2012, 3 ( 3.5 x 7.5 in. ) encaustic monotype on paper

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They're both beautiful and dynamic, but my favorite is #2 because the hues make me feel the night sky. However, in terms of design and color strategy, they're both great!

M said...

I agree Kathy. I like #2 best because it is more realistic. But,... it sure is fun to let go with colours.

TSL said...

They are very calming and serene, my cup of tea. By the way, I opened up some oysters for some oyster dressing, and smelled the cantainer, and it brought me back to my childhood on the coasts of SC and FL, I miss it so.

Carole Reid said...

Mmmmm lovely colours, Margaret.