Sunday, May 12, 2013

What's up?

It seems my whole art career during 2013 is in the stage of getting ready, but never really getting very far.  If doing everything related to art  counts I am in the thick of things. If  art production is the assessment criteria I'm a dismal failure!  I am involved in art related things thought.....
  •  I wrote project  grant for the new body of work I've begun called Black or White.  Fingers crossed for funding. 
  •  I taught  a two day encaustic workshop focusing on building complex surfaces using collograph and stencilling and learned lots myself while preparing .
  •  I'm mounting and framing two bodies of work for two different shows at The Leyton Gallery , one in June and the other in the early fall.
  • Finally, I am going to Europe for a month beginning the end of May.  I've spent lots of time deciding what galleries I want to visit. That I'm sure will lead to new work My trips always inspire me.  
I will be writing several posts related to stencilling, collograph and encaustic when I get a free moment.  My students created inspiring work using both techniques and we had a load of fun in the process.

It was such a pleasure to go to The Leyton Gallery's 10 anniversary show yesterday and see a piece created at my workshop. The ever delicate touch of Louise Sutton is always an inspiration.


  Louise Sutton, Far From Here, encaustic on panels,  2013

Who knew cotton lace could inspire such work....  

Louise and I will be in a show together this fall.   Interesting times ahead. 

1 comment:

hw (hallie) farber said...

I just read a Martha Graham quote today:

"Keep the channel open...
No artist is pleased.

"[There is] no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, a blessed unrest that keeps us marching and makes us more alive..."

Enjoy your trip.