Sunday, October 9, 2011

Beachcombing




Walking a beach is a form of meditation for me.  The crunch of sliding rocks and the movement of water is soothing and predictable.  The ebb and flow  is like nature's clock marking the passage of time. It shouldn't be any surprise that I find inspiration for my work in such a space.  You never know what the beach will throw back to us.   I'm use to the high winds in Newfoundland that send all sorts of debris to be examined and sorted.  The beaches of Devon are a gentler sort and very clean.  I couldn't believe this is all I found that was noteworthy after prowling for half an hour.  The blue comb made it all worthwhile.  The ultimate beachcombing find.

Sometimes beachcombing  results in a painting....

 Life Continues (2009) 12 x 24 mixed media on panel, M. Ryall

2 comments:

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Greetings Margaret,

Beach combing truly is relaxing and sadly though the time goes by way to fast.

I have certain places along the northern west coast I like to explore but there is a special place like to refer to as my own, though it is public.

Thank you for sharing your photographs and the painting that which was inspired by them.

I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.

Warmest regards,
Egmont

Carole Reid said...

Your beach combing in Newfoundland must be fascinating! Treasures from the Atlantic Ocean. The blue comb you found was worth it!